- It shall be made possible for everyone to have verbal or written contact with relatives, or if requested, with a clergyman, but only by respecting the rights of fellow patients.
- At the same time, patients may forbid the medical institution to disclose anything about their treatment, disease or even their presence at a hospital to other persons.
- Law ensures that patients in a severe condition shall have the right to have a designated person stay with them (for the purposes of the Act on Healthcare, a patient in a severe condition is one who, due to his/her condition, is physically unable to look after himself/herself, or whose pain cannot be controlled even with the use of medication, or who is in a state of psychological crisis). This may also mean that a relative may continuously stay with the patient even 24 hours a day.
- Parents/legal representatives shall have the right to stay with their sick child under 18 years of age.
- A woman giving birth shall have the right to designate a person of legal age to stay with her continuously during parturition and delivery. After delivery, it shall be ensured for her to have her new-born baby placed in the same room with her, provided it is not excluded by the mother’s or the new-born baby's health condition.
Last update: 2021. 09. 29. 13:23