1. Main areas of patient care, medical specialties
The personnel of the Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Clinic participate in the anesthesiology and intensive care of all surgical departments of the University of Debrecen.
2. Types of medical care and services
A prerequisite for safe surgical anesthesia is to make sure that patients are operated in the most optimal, best prepared condition. This is ensured by our anesthesia outpatient clinics, where the condition of our patients is assessed following experienced specialists’ recommendations; our patients are prepared for their surgeries accordingly.
3. Data related to patient care
Nearly 100 specialists and residents carry out their work in 49 anesthesiology positions in the Clinical Center of the University of Debrecen (DEKK); they provide analgesia or anesthesia to meet the requirements identified by surgery in an average of 20,000 surgical interventions. In terms of intensive therapy, our staff provide for the needs of all intensive departments with a surgical profile.
4. Technology, development projects
- Bedside ultrasound equipment for the intensive departments
- Acquisition of intubation and bronchoscopic suctioning equipment
- Replacement of outdated anesthesia equipment
- Acquisition of near-infrared spectroscopy device
- Acquisition of intraoperative neuromuscular monitor
- Innovative contribution: we collaborate in the development of a new neuromuscular monitor (Mayo Clinic, USA and Senzyme Company Sweden)
Prof. Dr. Béla Fülesdi
Director, Full Professor, Doctor of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (MTA)