- Each patient shall have the right
- to receive, in an emergency, life-saving care, care to prevent serious or permanent impairment to health, as well as to have their pain controlled and suffering relieved;
- to appropriate healthcare justified by their health condition;
- to choose a medically justified healthcare provider and the attending physician, with the agreement of the healthcare provider of the level justified by their condition and this right may be executed according to the operating order of the healthcare provider. A patient may initiate that he be examined by a second physician in connection with any diagnosis made or therapy recommended by his attending physician, or regarding his planned discharge from an institution.
- If a patient cannot be given the necessary care warranted by his health condition within the shortest possible period of time, the healthcare provider shall be obliged to inform him/her of the healthcare provider where the specific healthcare service is available (right to free choice of an institution).
- If placed on a waiting list, the patient shall be informed of the reason for, and expected duration of waiting, as well as of its possible consequences.
Last update: 2021. 09. 29. 13:23