The Medical Faculty of the István Tisza University in Debrecen opened on 4 November 1921, and the urology patients received care at the Department of Surgery led by Tivadar Hüttl. Ever since then, the Clinic has offered high-quality patient care of a European standard in all branches of urology. We provide a number of special procedures that are hardly or not at all available in Hungary.
2. Main areas of care and medical specialties
- 3D laparoscopic surgery
- urinary incontinence surgery
- andrological microsurgical operations
- pediatric urology - endoscopic and laparoscopic treatment
- extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL)
- removal of large renal tumors or tumor thrombi extending to the heart
3. Types of medical care and services
- Our Clinic is considered one of the reference centers and reference schools for laparoscopic interventions in Hungary. We were the first to introduce laparoscopic radical prostatectomy.
- We are also considered pioneers in urethroplasty using oral mucosa.
4. Data related to patient care
At present our institute has 50 beds. We treat patients not only from our region but most of our patients come from other counties of Hungary, the capital, and even from neighboring countries. To ensure efficient patient care, our staff receives continuous training.
5. Technology and development projects
Our facility includes a surgical suite with state-of-the-art equipment, with three operating rooms and further dedicated areas. Most of our patients are taken care of in recently renovated wards with two beds, a bathroom and wardrobe. Our outpatients are attended to in three rooms in the outpatient department.
Within the framework of our recent infrastructure project we have
- modernized the inpatient department of the Clinic on the 1st and 2nd floors (small wards, separate sanitary units)
- rebuilt the surgical suite
Our most modern equipment include the following:
- Holmium laser energy source for stone fragmentation
- 3D camera system for laparoscopic procedures