- The Fundamental Law (earlier called the Constitution)
- stipulates that everyone shall have the right to physical and mental health. Hungary shall promote the effective application of the right referred to above by an agriculture free of genetically modified organisms, by ensuring access to healthy food and drinking water, by organizing safety at work and healthcare provision, by supporting sports and regular physical exercise, as well as by ensuring the protection of the environment.
- Pursuant to Article II of the Fundamental Law, human dignity shall be inviolable. Every human being shall have the right to life and human dignity; the life of the foetus shall be protected from the moment of conception.
- Act CLIV of 1997 on Healthcare stipulates the rights and obligations of patients when receiving healthcare, health services and the institutions providing healthcare.
The rights of patients
- Right to healthcare at a sufficient level
- Right to the respect of human dignity
- Right to have contact
- Right to leave the healthcare facility
- Right to information
- Right to self-determination and to refuse healthcare
- Right to become acquainted with medical records
- Right to medical confidentiality
Last update: 2021. 09. 29. 13:23